Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is wonderful. Recently I fixed a Panamanian dinner for close friends here in Colorado with arroz con pollo, plantain, stuffed chayote, mango salad and a coffee dessert. It was a big hit! Note: saffron is expensive and sometimes hard to find. I buy packaged saffron rice and substitute half that kind with regular plain white rice, and it gives it a wonderful flavor.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- about a cup of Crisco
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 tsp onion Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Brown chicken in crisco.
- Then add tomato sauce, parsley, onion powder, garlic, bay leaves, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and add rice.
- Cook on medium high until liquid is absorbed.
- Then cover tightly and steam until rice is done.
- Arrange chicken around the sides (or remove chicken from bones and add to rice) parsley may also be used to decorate.