- 1 lb. boneless fish, preferably white sea bass (corvina)
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 1⅓ cups fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- ½ hot pepper finely minced (optional)
- Cut the fish into bite-size pieces and place in a glass bowl or container of at least 2 inches high.
- Add all the other ingredients, mixing well.
- The lemon juice should cover the fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow one day for fish to cook in the lemon juice and onions.
- Serve with crackers or sal