- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar (for caramel)
- On the upper pan of a double boiler place the sugar with ¼ cup water to make the caramel.
- Mix the milk, eggs, vanilla, and sugar and pour into the caramel pan.
- Place over a double boiler and cover.
- Let it cook over medium heat for 1 hour until the custard is set.
- Let it cool completely and then place in refrigerator.
- Once cold turn over onto a serving dish and serve.