- Wash beans and put in a large pot with plenty of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt, and boil until almost tender.
- Add the salt pork and as the water cooks away keep adding more until the beans are cooked.
- Then add the rice, blending it well with the beans and meat.
- About half an hour later add the yucca.
- In another half hour, add the ñame.
- When the ñame is tender, the guacho is ready to serve.
- While the guacho is cooking, make a "refrito" with the remaining vegetables and tomato paste.
- Put a big tablespoonful of "refrito" on top of each serving of guacho.