- 2 red Snapper filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup clour
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 ounces leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Wash filets with water.
- Crush garlic and oregano into paste.
- Rub with the paste, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
- Saute Onion, peppers, tomatoes and leeks with giner in a little olive oil, over medium heat. Stir gently for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, water and cilantro; add to pan. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk.
- Dust filets with flour. In a separate pan, pan-fry in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until light golden color. Drain excess oil from frying pan. Add sauce to the fillets and simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot, cooked white rice and fried yellow plantains.