Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 24 hours
Yields: 10-12 servings
Pronounced "rum punch," Ron Ponche is the Panamanian version of Egg Nog. It is especially popular during the holidays. A glass of Ron Ponche is not meant to be consumed in one sitting, but rather sipped in the same manner as Baileys or any other type of liqueur.
- 10 cans evaporated milk
- 24 egg yolks
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 cups rum
1. Add first five ingredients to a large pot (a double boiler is preferable).
2. Use a mixer to mix ingredients together thoroughly in pot before heating. Cook on medium to low heat, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until ingredients become thick live gravy.
3. Remove mixture from heat. Add 1 cup of water and rum. Stir.
4. Scoop liquid into mason jar or other jar with a lid. Note: Be sure to strain the liquid BEFORE you put it into the jars.
5. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. For best results, refrigerate overnight.