- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 – 3 dried hot red peppers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and cooked in the bouillon from the bouillabaise
- 2 – 3 tablespoons bouillon from the bouillabaisse
- Combine the garlic cloves, hot red peppers and salt in a mortar and pound until smooth.
- Add the potato and pound again until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, little by little, stirring with the pestle all the time, as for a mayonnaise.
- Continue until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add a few tablespoons of the bouillon just before serving.