- Place the cut-up hen in the cold water with the herbs and salt and pepper and cook slowly until the hen is tender.
- While it is cooking, chop the onion, tomatoes, peppers.
- And add to the pot with the garlic.
- Cut the corn and plantains in 1½-inch pieces and add.
- Then chop the remaining vegetables (not too small) and add.
- Continue cooking until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste.
- For a little more zip, add a bit of hot pepper.
- Serve in large soup dishes.
- For meat sancocho use 2 pounds of beef brisket or flank steak (cut-up) and increase the quantity of vegetables.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.