Boiled Yuca with Garlic Sauce
- 6 medium-size yucas, peeled and cut 1 to 1½ inches thick
- 1 cup sour orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer the yuca, covered in salted water, until very tender, 25 to 30 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garlic sauce, or mojo criollo: mash the garlic and salt into a paste.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil just to a boiling point and remove it from the heat.
- Whisk in the orange juice mixture until well blended.
- Transfer the yuca to a serving bowl or platter, and toss with the garlic sauce.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.