Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Boiled Yuca with Garlic Sauce
- 6 medium-size yucas, peeled and cut 1 to 1½ inches thick
- 1 cup sour orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer the yuca, covered in salted water, until very tender, 25 to 30 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garlic sauce, or mojo criollo: mash the garlic and salt into a paste.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil just to a boiling point and remove it from the heat.
- Whisk in the orange juice mixture until well blended.
- Transfer the yuca to a serving bowl or platter, and toss with the garlic sauce.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.